Re: [Debconf-discuss] "Do not photograph" checkbox in registration

On Thu, Sep 04, 2014 at 12:12:22PM -0700, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Josh Triplett <josh@joshtriplett.org> [2014-09-04 12:00 -0700]:
> > For that matter, perhaps the conference organizers could send
> > a single mail to the set of people who checked that box during
> > registration, requesting input on this topic?
>
> We could, but for what purpose? Let's just assume that 50% write
> back saying that they object to being photographed. In the context
> of Aigars honest and thoughtful mail, this would put us in a very
> difficult situation without an easy way out.

That's not what I was suggesting.  I'm suggesting specifically that we
seek input on the proposal in Aigars' mail, regarding whether photo-free
areas and similar steps would prove sufficient for those seeking to
avoid photography, or if not, then what additional steps (that we could
feasibly implement) might help.

- Josh Triplett