Re: [Debconf-discuss] LPI exams at DebConf15?

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 2:18 PM, Ian Jackson
<ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

> Would it be possible to invite them to directly negotiate with the
> venue over pricing, and pay the venue ?  That is, Debconf could
> introduce them to the venue administrators and say "we are happy to
> have these people present in our space but we need this booking to go
> through as a separate contract directly with you".

As we have exclusive use of the whole venue, this may be complicated.

> (I suppose it would pose slight enforcement difficulties for Debconf
> if there were CoC or harassment problems in the exam room but I would
> expect a professional organisation of that kind of have its own
> antiharassment arrangements - and if anyone was really bad there would
> be nothing stopping Debconf barring the perpetrator from everything
> except the exam room.)

As we have exclusive use of the whole venue, this would not be complicated.

Richard

PS: If all else fails, we tell the Youth Hostel that a certain person
is not welcome and they can kick them off the premises. I highly doubt
that this will be more than a theoretical exercise, though.