Re: [Debconf-discuss] Bicycle?

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 12:56:27PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 12:12:37PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 11:37:17AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> > > So, is it really _mountain_ bike, or would a city bike do?
> >
> > I'm only pleased after having climbed 1000m hight. ;-)
>
> Eh, sure, me too :) But my point was about the kind of bike (and hence
> roads) people were interested in, rather than in the surrounding
> landscape. You know, you can bike quite a bit of mountains while still
> staying on asphalt and avoiding cars --- but you need to know the
> neighbors to know the right roads...

I'm pretty sure we will find something that fits everybody.  As I said
I'll attend DebCamp and will try to do some scouting (if needed in
addition to the hints given here).  My preference would be to bike in a
group rather than seeking for the highest possible challenge and we
should find something that fits Brompton like trails (no, I'm not
underestimating Bromptons).  BTW, if you have the chance to rant an
e-bike I'd recommend doing so.  My wife is riding such a cool thing
which comes close to flying (may be that's the reason why the Swiss
company BikeTec[1] which is famous for their e-bikes calls their
products "flyer").

Kind regards

       Andreas.

[1] http://www.biketec.ch/