Re: [Debconf-discuss] [Debconf-announce] Food serving for vegetarians und vegans

On 08/12/2013 06:17 PM, MJ Ray wrote:
> Could future debconfs simply reserve N vegetarian and vegan meals for
> those who do not eat meat, but allow some for omnivores to choose if
> desired, too?

as a vegan who is happy to help omnivores choose vegetarian meals when
they feel like it, i would be really happy with this outcome.

I missed this year's debconf, but i was disappointed to learn that we
had to forbid omnivores from choosing a vegetarian meal.  I'd rather an
omnivore eat my vegan meal (and leave me to figure something else out --
i will, don't worry) than to require that omnivore to consume animal
products that they'd rather not consume.  Trying to respect my
preference for veganism should not result in *more* animal products
being consumed!

It seems like it would be pretty straightforward to keep track of what
food gets depleted first and actively make more of that category for the
next meal to try to find a reasonable balance.

	--dkg