Re: [Debconf-discuss] When you miss your train in Switzerland...

On Thursday 15 August 2013 23.54:55 Csillag Tamas wrote:
> Hi gio,
>
> On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 10:55:39PM +0200, Giovanni Mascellani wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > This email is mostly for asking some advice to people that know
> > more than me train rules in Switzerland. Basically, I'm coming
> > back home by train, and I have a rather tight changing time in
> > Biel (3 minutes). I may miss the leaving train. Fortunately I have
> > a backup solution, taking another train a bit later and still
> > arriving in Zurich in time for the train to Salzburg I have to
> > take.
> >
> > The question is: is the same ticket that I would buy for the first
> > solution still valid for the second one?

> If you buy a discounted ticket that can be it is only valid for that
> one train. Normal tickets are not bound to a particular one.
Local here: That is correct.

However: Normal ticket bound to the route. So as the alternative
connection changes the route the ticket would probably not be valid
anymore.

Still I don't think you need to worry. Connecting trains usually wait
and in this case I think it is actually the same train just relabelled
(ICN 543 arriving on track 3 and leaving 3min later as ICN 1543 from
track 3).

So if your worried, the best thing probably is to talk to the conductor
once you are on the train...

Nicola