Re: [Debconf-discuss] Anyone booked train seats for Yverdon?

Hi Derek,
On Tue, Aug 06, 2013 at 04:02:47AM +0000, Dererk wrote:
> I'm experiencing some issues trying to book a train seat from Zurich
> airport to Yverdon-les-Bains.
>
> It seems that the system (swissar.mytraintravel.com) claims not to find
> any suitable combination for departing from 'Zurich' (using both plain
> Zurich and Zurich Airport) and destination 'Yverdon' (it just says
> 'Yverdon' alone, not 'Yverdon-les-bains'), independently from any date I
> chose.
> The error message seems to be too generic, quoting "1. No available
> booking for the selected route or 2. No available seats".
>
> Could this be because Yverdon-les-bains is not a main train
> station/stop? Could it just be, as the first error says, that this
> particular route is not able to be booked?
> Is it too risky to show up at the train station with no
> booking/reservation almost on time for a scheduled departing of ~40'?
>
> Any information would be appreciated, thanks!

I recommend you to use directly the website from the national railway company.

http://fahrplan.sbb.ch/bin/query.exe/en

Type in your date an time.
From: Zurich Airp.
To: Concise, Camp de Vaumarcus

Usually tickets are valid one trip during the day they are valid. I don't think
you need to book a seat.

Hope this help.

Cheers,
Raphaël