Re: [Debconf-discuss] Accomodation for families at Le Camp ?

Hi Olivier

Olivier Berger <obergix@debian.org> writes:

> Jeremy Baron <jeremy@tuxmachine.com> writes:
> I don't want to argue in favor of any option, but just to get a clearer
> view of what/when. The current wording of the Accomodation/Registration
> is still too vague, IMHO.
>
> If welcoming families is still to hard to organize, then better you
> don't "promote" this, then.

If it's hard or not mostly depends on how many people register and which
room preference Debian contributors choose. So it's really hard to tell
before the sponsorship deadline is over.

Beside that, I agree to what Tiago told you as an "inofficial" answer.
But that's not more official than Tiagos answer, as I'm also just one
single team member. The most official statement we have is what's on the
registration page:

---

Due to space limitations, we give accommodation preferences to
developers and contributors. If you would like to be hosted at Le Camp
with your family or an accompanying person, please register anyway and
we will tell you after the sponsorship deadline if a place for them is
available. Please note that even if space is available we can not
provide a guarantee that we will have many non-communal spaces available
for families and accompanying persons. Please keep this in mind when
selecting your accomodation preferences. If you need confirmation before
we make final selections, please consider arranging your own
accommodations.

---

IMO this summarizes it quite well. If you have suggestions on how to
improve the wording to make it more understandable, please send them to
debconf-team. I'm happy to apply them.

Gaudenz