Re: [Debconf-discuss] proposals for DebConf14 +

On Dienstag, 15. Januar 2013, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> DebConf is just another
> Debian team. It only happens that it is a time that deals with a hell
> lot of money, on a yearly basis, when compared to other Debian
> activities. That is what requires special budget delegations and several
> of the processes and goals we have set up in recent years are meant to
> account for that. To mention only two of them: the goal of having an
> amortized 0-cost DebConf, and the budget approval process.

no, DebConf is not just another Debian team: DebConf is not software (eg "show
the source" doesnt work as it works with software), DebConf entirely takes
place in the meatspace, DebConf doesnt release when it's ready, but when it
has to, DebConf releases yearly. DebConf is quite very different than the vast
majority of other Debian teams.

DebConf is done by Debianistas who share Debians goals, yes.