Re: [Debconf-discuss] [Debconf-announce] DebConf12 Mass OpenPGP Keysigning: 18:00 Thursday, July 12 in Roberto T erán

Hi there!

On Fri, 13 Jul 2012 01:38:11 +0200, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Luca Capello writes ("Re: [Debconf-discuss] [Debconf-announce]
> DebConf12 Mass OpenPGP Keysigning: 18:00 Thursday, July 12 in Roberto
> T erán"):
>> On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 01:57:52 +0200, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
>> > We're going to try something a different this time around.  Please
>> > bring blank paper, a pen, and a trustworthy computer with a reasonable
>> > operating system and gpg installed, capable of either wireless
>> > networking or reading data off a USB stick.  Please make sure your
>> > computer's battery is charged.
>> I would have objected to this kind of keysigning for the last part,
>> because it means that people who does not have a computer capable of
>> "wireless" power (i.e. no AC power) can not participate.
>
> Keysigning parties are already difficult enough logistially without
> making it a requirement to cope with everybody's technological
> deficiencies (or for that matter special procedural opinions or
> whatever).  Or to put it another way, being excluded from
> participation in a keysigning party for an arbitrary reason is not a
> big hardship.  If you need your key signed for some reason, or want to
> sign keys, you can do so in an ad-hoc manner.

It was really sad for me to read such a reply when I simply asked for
beforehand announcements of the procedure in the quote you missed:

>> I am for any kind of experiment for keysigning, but can we please
>> announce them *before* any DebCamp/DebConf?

And just to be clear: I do not need my key signed, but as I did in an
ad-hoc manner at DebConf12 I am happy to improve the Web of Trust.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca