Re: [Debconf-discuss] [Debconf-announce] DebConf12 Mass OpenPGP Keysigning: 18:00 Thursday, July 12 in Roberto T erán

On 07/19/2012 04:10 PM, Luca Capello wrote:
>>> I would have objected to this kind of keysigning for the last part,
>>> because it means that people who does not have a computer capable of
>>> "wireless" power (i.e. no AC power) can not participate.

fwiw, there were a handful of power strips in the room, and those of us
with bad batteries had limited mobility, but were still able to
participate.  it certainly wouldn't have worked if no one had had
functional batteries for their computer (or for people with absolutely
no battery life).

> It was really sad for me to read such a reply when I simply asked for
> beforehand announcements of the procedure in the quote you missed:

yes, the changes should have been announced earlier, and this delay was
my fault for not having worked it out more clearly further in advance.
I apologize, and hope to improve that in the future.

> And just to be clear: I do not need my key signed, but as I did in an
> ad-hoc manner at DebConf12 I am happy to improve the Web of Trust.

Yes, one of the points made at the mass keysigning was that keysigning
was happening throughout debconf, and that the mass keysigning was just
one way to sign keys (and certainly not the only way, or even the
preferred way).

Regards,

	--dkg