Re: [Debconf-discuss] Your biggest achievement during past DebConfs (aka new DebConf promoting campaign)

Hi there!

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 13:20:02 +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 11:15:03AM +0100, Luca Capello wrote:
>> On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 05:04:27 +0100, Asheesh Laroia wrote:
>> > During Debconf8, I learned about one DD finding himself locked out of
>> > his room in the middle of the night. This let me to understand that
>> > DDs are not just technically sharp and concerned with software freedom
>> > but also sometimes hapless.
>>
>> Yeah, it seems I completely forgot about this "achievement" of mine...
>> It also seems that people never forget ;-)
>
> ... or at least we love to be remembered about things like this!

Ehm, my friends Faidon and Lucas remind me about that every time we
meet...

> Do we also want to add the "swimming event" featuring people in kilts at
> the Winter beach of Mar del Plata or the running event at DebConf10
> (which I unfortunately not witnessed :-().

Both were real achievements and in both cases "external" people were
surprised: the Atlantic Ocean was freezing (IIRC ~7°C), but still some
DebConfers went out of the hotel with towels, while at the Van Cortlandt
Track Club DebConfers constituted the biggest group all wearing the same
T-Shirt (i.e. the official purple DebConf10).

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca