Re: [Debconf-discuss] Your biggest achievement during past DebConfs (aka new DebConf promoting campaign)

[Joey Hess]
> At DebConf3 in Oslo, I finally met the other Debian Installer developers
> gathered together in person, and after a week of challanging work, we
> achieved the first successful installation of Debian with it.

Are you sure the first successful installation of Debian happened during
DebConf3?  I remember giving a talk about Skolelinux at that conference
and how Skolelinux used d-i to automate the Debian installation.  During
the talk I ran the installation as a demonstration, and I suspect I
would not have tried to do this if I had not done a d-i installation
before DebConf3.  But my memory is flaky, so I just wanted to ask if
anyone remember when d-i actually was able to install Debian for the
first time.

> This reinvigorated our team, leading to many new members, more rapid
> development, and many more developer gatherings. The resulting program
> has since been used to install Debian, and derivative distributions,
> on tens of millions of systems.

Yeah. :)
--
Happy hacking