Re: [Debconf-discuss] pictures and privacy (was: my pictures so far (including the bicyle tour))

On Sat, Aug 06, 2011 at 11:13:31AM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> I understand that sentiment, but it is indeed very difficult to do.

Perhaps not.

> Personally, I love taking pictures of people without their knowledge.

I fully agree with your point about making good portraits.

I would like to bring in a different point of view.  My problem with
publishing all those images is definitely not that some pictures of mine
might be available online.  I rather have the problem to find a
reasonable set of pictures to show at home.  There are probably > 1000
images from DebConf hanging around at different places and I'm seeking
for about 50 inside these to show at home.  Pointing my relatives to
those large archives would just be boring for them.

So what about moving all images to a debconf staging area where debconf
attendees have access in some image archives.  You could download image
archives comfortably and pick those you are interested in much more
easily than browsing random web pages.

On the other hand you could find those images where you want to put your
veto for publication.

We could also maintain names on DebConf attendees which might be OK in a
not publicly accessible place.  (BTW, I personally like the names on the
image and would prefer if we would keep them even in the current form.)

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de