Re: [Debconf-discuss] LAST CALL FOR DEBIAN BUS RENTAL (Was: price of bus tickets *back* to Zagreb)

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 8:20 AM, Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
Quoting Ian Jackson (ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk):

> Can we please confirm now that the departure time of this bus will
> actually be 11:00 ?  Also we need to be sure that everyone knows that
> we will not wait for them.  We shouldn't have the bus delayed by an
> hour while we hunt around for someone who was signed up on some wiki
> page but now turns out to be missing (or perhaps decided to go some
> other way or something...)
>
> The earlier bus likewise.  It should be made very clear that if you
> are not there the bus will go without you.

Agreed. We should also mention that bus payment is to be done IN
ADVANCE. We'll probably have to pay these buses beforehand in some
way.

In order to avoid trouble with people signing up in the wiki but
finally never confirming by actually paying for the bus cost, I think
we should take a margin in some way for dividing costs: assume that if
50 people put their name on the wiki, then 48 will end up really
paying and therefore divide costs by 48 and nto 50. If, finally,
really 50 people show up, then it'll be time to redistribute the extra
collected money in some way. That would secure things out and
guarantee that the person collecting the money is not the one ending
up filling the missing parts.

I would suggest using Google Checkout and/or PayPal in addition to in person payment.

-Arthur