Re: [Debconf-discuss] Final call for group travel discount for dc11, and some responses

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 2:54 AM, Jimmy Kaplowitz <jimmy@debian.org> wrote:
I definitely plan to pursue a properly advertised, multi-airline group
arrangement for DebConf12 and later years with as many of Star Alliance,
SkyTeam, and Oneworld as make sense. Those tend to have minimum participation
sizes of 50 people, so unless the wiki's list explodes this weekend this can't
work for DebConf11. Various lead-time requirements might prevent this anyway.

Hi Jimmy,

I was watching live availability for the set of flights I could book on and it really was looking bad so I ended up pulling the trigger and booking by myself. No time to wait for a SkyTeam setup :/

I will definitely help next year with all the airlines geekery. This year was just too much a PITA with the debconf location, for most intents and purposes, not having an airport.

Cheers and thanks for driving this.

-Arthur