Re: [Debconf-discuss] Trying for a US->Banja Luka travel discount?

On Wed, 2011-05-18 at 16:48 -0400, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 04:36:25PM -0400, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
>
> Apparently if we use Star Alliance Meetings Plus (as opposed to Convention
> Plus) we can do it with as little as 30 days lead time and 50 participants from
> 3 countries. For Star Alliance Convention Plus we need six months lead time,
> but unfortunately a minimum of 500 participants which is unlikely for us even
> for DebConf12.  SkyTeam Global Meetings requires at least 50 participants from
> 2 countries and an unspecified lead time. Once we register, those agreements
> are probably reusable in future years, assuming we use one of our long-standing
> legal entities like SPI or FFIS.
>
> Shall I contact Star Alliance and SkyTeam and see what's possible for
> DebConf11? It would still help to know who would be interested in using one of
> these arrangements, via one of those airline alliances, who hasn't booked their
> DebConf11 flights yet. We'd also need to make a separate group booking for
> whatever form(s) of transport we use for the last leg to/from Banja Luka, if we
> want a discount for that, since those airlines don't go there.

Yeah, please do.  I expect I'll be travelling Star Alliance.  I note
that there are "special procedures for New Zealand" so it would be worth
quantifying those in my case, also.

Thanks Jimmy,
					Andrew.
http://andrew.mcmillan.net.nz/                     Porirua, New Zealand
Twitter: _karora                                  Phone: +64(272)DEBIAN
                      Neutrinos have bad breadth.