Re: [Debconf-discuss] Trying for a US->Banja Luka travel discount?

On Wed, 18 May 2011, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:

Apparently if we use Star Alliance Meetings Plus (as opposed to Convention Plus) we can do it with as little as 30 days lead time and 50 participants from 3 countries. For Star Alliance Convention Plus we need six months lead time, but unfortunately a minimum of 500 participants which is unlikely for us even for DebConf12. SkyTeam Global Meetings requires at least 50 participants from 2 countries and an unspecified lead time. Once we register, those agreements are probably reusable in future years, assuming we use one of our long-standing legal entities like SPI or FFIS.

Shall I contact Star Alliance and SkyTeam and see what's possible for DebConf11? It would still help to know who would be interested in using one of these arrangements, via one of those airline alliances, who hasn't booked their DebConf11 flights yet. We'd also need to make a separate group booking for whatever form(s) of transport we use for the last leg to/from Banja Luka, if we want a discount for that, since those airlines don't go there.

Please still speak up if you're interested in my original idea; single-flight or even multi-flight/single-airline group bookings probably have lower thresholds if these programs are available with the numbers I quoted above.

I'm interested in any of these, pending details that work, and actually fairly flexible on which US city to fly from, though I prefer BOS.

--
-- Asheesh.

http://asheesh.org/

Never laugh at live dragons.
		-- Bilbo Baggins [J.R.R. Tolkien, "The Hobbit"]