Re: [Debconf-discuss] Zagreb <--> Banja Luka

On Mon, 2011-05-16 at 10:17 +0100, Philip Hands wrote:
> On Mon, 16 May 2011 09:31:00 +0100, Ian Campbell <ijc@hellion.org.uk> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2011-05-16 at 00:10 +0200, Adnan Hodzic wrote:
> > > +50 if there is more then 1 guy as I just said, I don't know how much
> > > it makes sense to send a whole shuttle for only one guy.
> >
> > Thanks for the reply, I quite understand your point of view. I'll make
> > my own arrangements.
>
> Hi Ian,
>
> You are aware of the fact that the public bus service runs every couple
> of hours from Zagreb to Banja Luka, I take it?

Yes. The only reason I was considering any other option was that I can
save myself a 2+ hour car journey (longer by train) at the UK end if I
can fly from Stansted instead of Heathrow, but that means going to
Ljubljana instead of Zagreb.

I've pretty much decided that saving myself a couple of hours travel in
the UK is not worth the complexity/hassle of doing my own thing at the
other end.

> I'd say that that fact makes the presence or otherwise of a DebConf
> shuttle largely irrelevant -- if you're OK with the normal bus service,
> and you're at a busy time, you'll get the nice surprise of being picked
> up from the airport.  If you're upset by the bus service, the DebConf
> bus isn't going to be much different,

I think this is a very good way to think of it, thanks.

Ian.
--
Ian Campbell
Current Noise: Suffocation - Breeding The Spawn

"At least they're ___________EXPERIENCED incompetents"