Re: [Debconf-discuss] Questions about Banja Luka

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 11:16 AM, Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org> wrote:
>  1. how about parking? Is there some place I could leave my car for the
>    duration of the conference? I could use reassurances wrt the
>    possibility of leaving a car with a foreign license plate parked
>    somewhere for two weeks: it wouldn't be safe in many parts of Italy,
>    for example. What if there cars are 10 or 15?

We will definitely organize a parking spot for everyone who comes with a car.
If we get the Hotel as Accommodation there's a parking there, and i
believe there is a parking at the campus too. (i will have to check
this though, i'll give an update soon)

>  1. Any trouble to be expected on BiH roads, besides road maintenance? I
>    hadn't thought of asking this, but your phrase "when traveling with
>    a bus, you are in no danger at all" made me instinctively want to
>    ask "how about traveling with a car?" :)

No!
I may have put things in the wrong perspective with that sentence :)
The roads are ok, they are just narrow (meaning, it's a two-way road
with only one lane for each direction), so that means you can't drive
fast.

> That's another good question: would European citizens holders of an EU
> medical card (former form E111) be covered in BiH?
>
> Probably not, according to http://www.salute.gov.it/assistenzaSanitaria/sePartoPerScheda.jsp?paese=Bosnia+Erzegovina&motivo=%22Temporaneo+soggiorno+-+Turismo%22&categoria=%22Lavoratore+privato+autonomo+e/o+Familiare+a+carico%22&cerca=Cerca
> but I'm unfortunately not in Italy atm and so not in a position to go
> and ask the local health services for clarifications. If nobody's looked
> into it yet, I'll go and ask at the end of April, when I'll be in Italy
> again.

I don't think the EU CARD will cover you in Bosnia, but you should check.

Velimir