[Debconf-discuss] Front Desk Hours

Good morning everyone!

First of all, thank you so much to everyone for being kind and patient with
our front desk - we are all volunteers, we are all here to enjoy the
conference, and we are all doing everything we can to make the conference
enjoyable for you as well!

I'm trying to streamline a few Front Desk things, which includes volunteers
for various hours. The Front Desk essentially offers helpful advice or
information (sometimes unhelpful, too! It's fun!) and controls who comes in
and out of the hacklab area. They also help to check in new arrivals and get
them squared away with the campus, registration, name badges, and so forth.
If you don't have all this information, please don't think that you can't
help. Lack of knowledge is never a barrier to telling people what to do or
where to go!

But, seriously, we're still looking for a few volunteers to flesh out the
front desk schedule[0]. If you have availability, like the idea of people
coming to *you* for advice and information and relish the idea of asking
Christian Perrier for identification every time he walks through, please
consider signing up.

During the hours where we have no volunteers for the front desk, the front
desk will be closed, and the second hacklab will be closed as well. This
should not pose a problem as the reasons most of the volunteers can't take
certain shifts is conference/social/tour conflicts, which are all excellent
and appropriate reasons - it means everyone is involved in the conference
and everyone is enjoying themselves!

If there are any questions or concerns about the Front Desk, please feel to
email me, find me, or find any of the Cambridge crew or orga crew. They all
know how to hunt me down.

In closing, I'd like to remind everyone that I accept bribes of wine,
chocolate and tea.

Hugs and bunnies,
Patty

[0] http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf10/Front_Desk_Sign-up

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski