Re: [Debconf-discuss] Bringing cheese (and wine and.....stuff) for the Cheese and Wine party is very easy

Quoting David Moreno (david@axiombox.com):

> There's no formal guidelines on how to approach the cheese and wine party.
> It's recommended that you bring a nice cheese of your choice from the region
> you live in. If you think a ball of Wal-Mart's mozzarella is representative
> of your region, that's fine, I guess. It's up to you. You'll find that a lot
> of people bring very weird and highly tasty cheeses from all around the
> world. Same for liquors.

And to make it clearer and that everybody feels comfortable, you don't
*have* to bring stuff to participate to the C&W. It's perfectly
understandable that people who have travel constraints preventing
from bringing material that degrades over time....or people who don't
have nice cheese at the place they live (or no occasion to buy
some...or no budget for this....)...or people who don't like cheese
*still show up and enjoy the party*

We still most of the time end up with a largely sufficient amount of
food and beverage material.

Of course, cheese is still in some way in the center or the loop, but
it's in general much more about having good time together and
celebrate what now became a kind of Debian tradition since 6 people (a
few of them will be there again) gathered together in a room in
Helsinki back in 2005, to enjoy a few nice things.

http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf10/CheeseWineBoF is the place to
go for more information.