Re: [Debconf-discuss] Nifty Tech Things To Do At Debconf

On Tuesday, July 27, 2010, John Goerzen wrote:
> Wondering if anyone is interested in:
>
>   * Sharing location with Debconf attendees using Google Latitude?
> (www.google.com/latitude)  Requires a smartphone with GPS (probably
> iPhone or Android)

My phone won't support this AFAIK

>   * Ham radio.  I know I mentioned this a little while back.  If
> anyone else is bringing a HT, would be fun to chat.

I decided to bring an 2m HT rig.  My family is in the habit of using
144.430 MHz simplex to talk to each other directly.  It's usually an
unused frequency.

>   * What other fun gadgets could we enjoy playing with at Debconf?

My laptop died this evening [hardware failure], so I'll either be off
the net for a week or seeing if there's a computer in the Hack Lab to
occasionally get email.

  -- Chris