Re: [Debconf-discuss] group meals?

On 07/23/2010 09:58 AM, Aaron M. Ucko wrote:
Greetings!

I'm looking forward to the group meals that I understand the conference
will feature, but I'd also like to dine at least sometimes with family --
particularly my wife and our kids, who will be accompanying me to New
York (and playing tourist while I attend the conference), but also some
other relatives we have in town.

My wife and boys (ages 1 and 3.5) will be in NYC doing the exact same thing. I think she'll be glad to know she's not the only one. Do you (or anyone else) have suggestions on childrens' activities?

Thanks, and sorry to bug everybody; I was considering asking just the
organizers, but I expect they're even busier than the rest of us, and
those of you who've attended previous Debconfs may be able to give me
a better idea of what to anticipate.

I appreciate you asking. The answers will be relevant to me too, and I didn't think to ask all of that myself.

> Aaron M. Ucko, KB1CJC (amu at alum.mit.edu, ucko at debian.org)

I'm a recently-licensed ham myself. You planning to bring a handheld along? (Does anybody here do any work on digital modes with Debian? Would be interested to talk to anyone that does.)

-- John