Re: [Debconf-discuss] More questions regarding what to bring for DebConf10 (and other stuff)

Hi.

I am resending this (with another question appended at the end) because
I think that my messages are not getting through.

On Jul 22 2010, Rogério Brito wrote:
> Hi there, people.
>
> As a continuation of what one should bring when coming to this
> year's Debconf, I have some questions:
>
> 1 - What type of mains outlets will we use? I faintly remember having
>     read this one, but can't find it again.  An A plug? B plug? [1][2]
>     Any other? And the voltage? 127V?
>
>     [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:A_plug.jpg
>     [2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Domestic_AC_Type_B_USA.jpg
>
> 2 - The "What to bring" section of the Welcome page [3] says that one
>     should bring a "long" ethernet cable. How long should that be? Are 3
>     meters sufficient?
>
>     [3] http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf10/Welcome#What_to_bring
>
> 3 - How much money should one bring? Say, how much does "an average" bus
>     trip cost (say, from the JFK airport to Columbia University)? Should
>     one bring money for tips? (Is this a common usage?)
>
> 4 - Are there convenience stores located in the campus/near the campus?
>
> 5 - Are there any regulations regarding, say, getting out of the campus
>     at night, if one needs to? Say, one is hungry in the middle of the
>     night or one needs to go to a drug store or to a hospital?
>
> 6 - What transportation means would be needed to get to commerce as
>     above?
>
> 7 - Again in the "What to bring" section of the welcome page there is a
>     "your health insurance details". I think that my health insurance is
>     (perhaps) only valid inside my country. Does this mean that I am
>     foobar'ed?
>
> I think that I have some other questions, but let me not overload you
> with too many questions. :-)

8 - Is the network access in the dorms restricted in any way?

Thanks for any answers, Rogério Brito.

--
Rogério Brito : rbrito@{ime.usp.br,gmail.com} : GPG key 1024D/7C2CAEB8
http://rb.doesntexist.org : Packages for LaTeX : algorithms.berlios.de