Re: [Debconf-discuss] Last call for keys for keysigning in New York City, USA during DebConf10

On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 11:22:04 -0400, Chris Knadle <chris-debian@coredump.us> wrote:

> And concerning automated key refreshing, the suggestion from the OpenPGP Best
> Practices of using the following cronjob has a snag:
>
>    0 1 * * * /usr/bin/gpg --refresh-keys > /dev/null 2>&1
>
> ... which is that your machine has to be on at 1am for this to run.  I've been
> trying to find a script that will locally email errors and changes to keys via
> an anacron job.

Yeah, I set that time because my computer tends to be on at that
time. You should pick a more appropriate time for you. I'd be interested
in adding to that page some anacron bits, if you come up with something.

micah