Re: [Debconf-discuss] Debconf runners: how about participate to a local 5K race during DebConf?

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 12:51 PM, Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> The running group is the Van Cortland Track Club, and happen to have
> their "running headquarters" in Van Cortland Park, in Bronx. The race
> is called the "XC Summer Series". Start is at 7pm and a participation
> of UDS5 is asked to participate.
>
> More details can be found at
> http://vctconline.ning.com/page/xc-summer-series-2

I have attended a cross-country race at Cortland Park and I can vouch
they are a lot of fun... but it is *cross-country* (the "XC" bit)
racing. It doesn't get canceled by rain and it can be quite different
than your usual street running jog. Those sneakers will take a day or
two to dry before using 'em again at DebConf! ;-)

Let's go!

P.