Re: [Debconf-discuss] GPG keysigning?

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009, Enrico Zini wrote:
> I'd always be left wondering if people were actually interested in
> knowing what I do, or if they were just trying to have a >2min
> conversation in order to tick a box, but in fact they couldn't care
> less.

My hope is that people will have a 2 minute conversation with a goal
of ticking the boxes, and then get interested, and spend the rest of
the meal having a pleasant conversation that they actually care about
with people who they haven't interacted with in meatspace before.

There's always going to be some social awkwardness, but I think it'd
be there even if you were just trying to make conversation with people
you didn't know well without the goal of signing keys.

Don Armstrong

--
All bad precedents began as justifiable measures.
 -- Gaius Julius Caesar in "The Conspiracy of Catiline" by Sallust