[Debconf-discuss] How to get the "web" rate for Madrid → Caceres (and back) trains

(Eddy Petrisor)

> I managed to book my train ticket for the Cáceres - Madrid trip on the
> 30th with a Talgo.

And now, as of today, booking is opened for July 31th, for the 9:25
Talgo train. So, at least for those of you who want to use the Talgo
trains, you can book your seats. Booking in advance is the only way to
get the best fare (the "Web" fare), so if you're sure of your
schedule, just do it..:-)

Please take care to choose the *spanish* version of the RENFE site if
you want to get the "Web" fare (12.40euros). I'm not sure there's is a
possibility to get it through the English version.

Here's the full process for those of you who are not familiar with
Spanish:

(It didn't work with Konqueror, it did with Iceweasel)

- http://www.renfe.com
- In the left part "Compra de Billetes", fill in as follows:
  - "Ida" for a one-way trip and "Ida y Vuelta" for a return tickeet
  - In the first drop down list (showing "A Coruna" by default, choose
    "Caceres" (of course for a Caceres-Madrid trip)
  - In the second, choose "Madrid (*)"
  - Fill in the date field (DD-MM-YYYY) or hit the calendar and choose
the date
  - Choose the number of passengers in "Num. Viajeros"
  - Click "Buscar"
- A new browser window opens
  - Pick the train you want and choose the fare you want. In our case
    "Talgo 00197" and 12.40 in the "Web" column
  - Fill in the captcha at the bottom of the page then hit "Continuar"
- You enter the "Venta online" page
  - Fill in "Datos del Comprador"
    - e-mail address in "Correo Electrónico"
    - Last Name in "Nombre"
    - First name in "Apellido 1"
    - Most often you don't need to fill "Apellido 2"
    - ID type in "Tipo de documento". I did choose "Pasaporte". I
      guess that one of "NIF" or "NIE" is Identity Card that could
      suit for several national ID cards, but I dont' want to take
      risks
    - Passport number in "Numero Documento"
    - The rest is your street address. Some fields are mandatory
    - Street name in "Direccion"
    - Postal code in "Codigo Postal"
    - City in "Poblacion"
    - Whatever crap you want in "Provincia" (not every country has
      provinces!)
    - Country in "Pais"
    - One tel. number in Telefono 1 (cell phone recommended? I don't
      know what they use it for). I mentioned it starting with
      the country tel number (33 for France)

UNCHECK THE DAMN opt-out "Marque esta casilla si acepta el envio de
publicidad o inscribirse en ofertas y promociones de Renfe"

CHECK "He leido y acepto las Condiciones Generales Viajeros y las
Condiciones Generales de la Venta y la Politica de Privacidad"
(you accept the Sale Conditions and the Privacy Statement). If you
don't you won't be able to proceed.

Choose your payment mode. Very probably "Tarjeta de credito". It's
unfortunately not mentioned which ones are accepted. To my experience,
VISA is OK, Amex is not. You can guess that MasterCard is probably OK
as well.

Card number in "Numero de tarjeta"
Validity date in "Fecha de Caducidad" (MM/YY)
Name of cardholder in "Titular de la tarjeta"

Click "Continuar" (this is where it fails with Konqueror)

Depending on your credit card and bank, there might be an extra
validity check (I have this with my bank...), then you get a summary
page and (if your browser accepts popups), you ticket in PDF.

You can also print the ticket by clicking on "Imprimir Billetes" on
the summary page. YOU MUST DO THIS. The printed ticket is the only
ticket you'll get. Don't forget it (and don't forget your ID...:-))

Here you go. See you in Cáceres !