Re: [Debconf-discuss] Is it possible for not registered people to still apply for Debconf

Hello Ian,

On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 11:44:55AM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:

> Is it possible to book a double room for single occupancy, by paying
> extra ?
>
> Since I want not to share, I have so far requested `I will organise my
> own accomodation'.  But for social and convenience reasons I would
> much prefer to be in the same buildings with everyone else, so if
> there is enough space for greedy people like me I would appreciate the
> ability to book a room to myself, and I'm happy to pay what it might
> otherwise cost me to stay in a hotel.

I discussed this with the people more knowledgeable, and here's what I
think the situation is:

The idea of doing this isn't impossible, assuming we had extra rooms
available or (more likely) that we could get an extra bed at the same
marginal cost and without much more work.  We'd almost certainly
change more for this, since there won't be any extra free rooms for us.

However, it sounds like you aren't registered as a hosted indpendent
right now, and since that deadline has passed, you'd effectively need
to pay for two beds (professional fee + marginal cost of a bed).

At this point, it would be hard to say for sure if this would be
possible.  If you would like us to keep it in mind, let us know.

Thanks,

- Richard (MrBeige @ oftc)