Re: [Debconf-discuss] no video coverage during nights

Jonas Smedegaard dijo [Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 11:55:57AM +0200]:

> On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 11:30:12AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> >On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 11:31:23AM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> >> And yes, next year I want a flag for each event "(not) to be
> >> videoed".
> >
> >This would be a really reasonable extension for Penta.  If there would
> >only be some documentation how to report Penta bugs ...
>
> ...or for some alternative tool.  Ana mentioned Penta being too complex
> and too buggy and proposed to switch (albeit that noone responded...)

(wow, several days later... Had a >200 mail backlog in this box!)

Believe me, it is not as easy as it sounds. We used a very different
ConfMS system written mostly by me for DebConf 5 and 6 (Comas). It had
a much simpler layout and it was easier to understand, yes, but the
complexity a DebConf entails made it implode. I am actually grateful
we found Penta.

I resurrected Comas after several years. Well, resurrected... Took its
name and put it to a completely different codebase. It is way more
flexible. Still, I do not expect to push DebConf to switch away from
Penta. Not by far.

--
Gunnar Wolf • gwolf@gwolf.org • (+52-55)5623-0154 / 1451-2244