Re: [Debconf-discuss] Ideas for money BoF

Hi!

Tim Retout schrieb:

>       * I seem to recall GNOME has a big trunk of stuff to set up stands
>         at conferences and exhibitions; it gets shipped around to
>         wherever the next interesting event is, and then local
>         volunteers set it up and present to visitors.  Do we have a
>         similar thing in Debian?

We had one one in Germany (till it got stolen).  Problem was, that
shipping it was to often to expensive, for smaller events, and there are
only a handful bigger events, where it was really worth it.

Also, the big trunk we had was
a) quite impractical for smaller events
b) was quite expensive (including its "filling")

So, I'm not sure, if it is that a good idea to spend money on... Well,
it IS basically a good idea, to improve our presence at exhibitions, but
through the problems I don't think it's a "top ten" idea to spend money on.

Best regards,
  Alexander