Re: [Debconf-discuss] [Debconf-team] Madrid-Caceres-Madrid trains: error on wiki?

Related to Renfe and the discussion about Spanish trains, I just found this:

http://www.upgradetravelbetter.com/2009/05/11/renfe-website-charges-double-if-you-search-in-english/

"Rail website charges double if you search in English"

According to the comments there:

"The reason is quite simple. Theenglish version is the old one, used
before the new “web” and “estrella” fares were introduced for the AVE.
So there isn’t any second intention to charge more the english people
and more the lazy IT people of Renfe (a lot of complains here in Spain
too because the system is far from being smooth)."

"I think that it is more a technical issue than a business one. I have
been able to found the cheap tickets (tarifa web) in english. In order
to do that I have entered the Spanish web site, then ‘Ave Madrid
Barcelona’ , then switch the language to english, and then you can buy
the cheap tickets. Be conscient that the tarifa web fare requires to
buy the tickets about two weeks in advance. Renfe’s web site is known
for its bad usability."

I don't know if what is said is right or wrong, I haven't checked it,
but I'm writing about it just in case. If anyone else knows better,
more information is welcome, either to confirm or deny it.

Greetings,
Miry