Re: [Debconf-discuss] How to go to Cáceres via Madrid

* Damyan Ivanov [Wed, 11 Mar 2009 22:36:18 +0200]:

Hello,

> It gives me some choices I could not understand:

>             Tarifa General  Web     Estrella
> Turista         30.90       12.40       18.60
> Preferente      40.90       ---         24.50

> This is one way only, the return prices are similar.

> Could somebody explain which is what in that table?

“Preferente” is “1st class”, as opposed to “Turista” which is the
regular seats or however you want to call them.

“Tarifa General” is the regular fare, eg. what you’d (also) get if you
go to the offices and buy the tickets. For *selected trains*, Renfe
offers some special fares if you buy via the web site, the “Estrella”
and “Web” fares.

These fares are:

  * cheaper (40% and 60% discount, Estrella and Web respectively)
  * only for selected trains
  * only for a number of seats (so you may check back in a week and they
    may be gone)
  * only apply when buying more than one week (Estrella) or two (Web) in
    advance
  * do not allow changes (Web), or at 15-20% charge (Estrella)
  * are return-with-penalty (30% Estrella, 50% Web)

Additionally, if you buy a return ticked at regular fare (Tarifa
General), you’ll get a 20% discount on it.

  http://www.renfe.es/comprabilletes/tarifas.html
  http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.renfe.es%2Fcomprabilletes%2Ftarifas.html&sl=es&tl=en

> (and how ~45 euros  for roundtrip fit?)

Not sure about this, looks like 55 with Tarifa General.

HTH,

--
- Are you sure we're good?
- Always.