Re: [Debconf-discuss] Debian Secrets

also sprach Gustavo Noronha Silva <kov@debian.org> [2008.08.12.1722 -0300]:
> I think update-alternatives is a must for a talk like this, as is
> dpkg-divert. It would probably be useful to do a quick
> introduction to apt-src, too, as it saves lives!

dpkg-divert is a minefield though, many will want to use it for
configuration files, which will break stuff.

debsums, apt-listbugs and apt-listchanges, apticron, deborphan,
debfoster come to mind. reprepro and dpkg-query, ... stow
(non-Debian). devscripts has many gems. aptfs, debsigs,
debian-goodies, debgtd, debaux, ...

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@debconf.org>
: :'  :  DebConf orga team; press officer

there are two groups of people in the world: those who believe that
the world can be divided into two groups of people, and those who
don't.