Re: [Debconf-discuss] Regarding vaccinations and stuff like that

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008, Patty Langasek wrote:

As an aside, please bear in mind that it takes awhile for a vaccine to be
fully effective in your body - at least 1 to 2 weeks. If you are concerned
about any of these diseases and wish to be vaccinated to be protected when
you arrive in Argentina, talk to your doctor about the immunization time.
Besides the fact that getting a vaccine the day before leave is a *really*
bad idea, it's pointless to boot. If you're considering, you should talk to
your doctor as soon as possible and get the vaccinations done in the next
couple of weeks.

A further addition: Hepatitis needs two vaccinations the second about
at least three better six weeks after the first.  So if you did not
started *now* it's kind of late.  Last week I had yellow fever vaccination
because I want to go to Iguazu falls and this vaccination should have
a time delay to other vaccinations of about 10 days.  So if you wanted
to have all the ones listed in Margas mail you should have started
the procedure.

Hint: Sometimes some repellant and a mosquito net are even better
than a vaccination - so bging at least these if you want to go to
North East Argentina.

Kind regards

          Andreas.

--