Re: [Debconf-discuss] Regarding vaccinations and stuff like that

On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 01:05:38PM -0300, Margarita Manterola wrote:

> That is a bit more important.  If you are going to visit the Iguazu Falls,
> located in Misiones, then it might be a good idea to take the yellow fever
> vaccination.  However, taking into account that we are in the middle of
> winter, and the yellow fever is transmited via mosquitos, the risk is
> almost none.  So, if you don't have time to take the vaccination, it
> doesn't mean you can't visit the falls anyway.

As an aside, please bear in mind that it takes awhile for a vaccine to be
fully effective in your body - at least 1 to 2 weeks. If you are concerned
about any of these diseases and wish to be vaccinated to be protected when
you arrive in Argentina, talk to your doctor about the immunization time.
Besides the fact that getting a vaccine the day before leave is a *really*
bad idea, it's pointless to boot. If you're considering, you should talk to
your doctor as soon as possible and get the vaccinations done in the next
couple of weeks.

Patty

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski