Re: [Debconf-discuss] Music

On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 04:35:54AM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> martin f krafft dijo [Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 03:57:55PM +0100]:
> > also sprach Gustavo Franco <stratus@debian.org> [2007.06.12.1436 +0100]:
> > > I would be glad to play acoustic or electric guitar, note that I'm
> > > left handed and bring my gear from Brazil wasn't possible though.
> >
> > If enough people help steal pots and pans from various places,
> > I volunteer on percussion. Bringing my gear from Switzerland wasn't
> > possible.
>
> Oh no, this will degenerate into the kind of band that was made famous
> during our Helsinki stay?

Heh. I hope not :-)

> Will we have live orchestras easing the environment in the hacklabs?
> Wouter, it would be a _great_ inspiration to have you playing on the
> stage of the current hacklab!

I prefer not to do that. The flute can be a rather loud instrument at
times, and I know from experience that the sound is painful for some
people; it also is distracting if you're trying to concentrate on
something. The hacklab is not supposed to be a concert hall, I guess.

However, if you want to hear me play, I've been making it a bit of a
habit now to rehearse about an hour every day after dinner in one of the
rooms one level below the hacklab. If you're interested...

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22