Re: [Debconf-discuss] RFH: web interface and contacts database needed

also sprach Martin Albisetti <argentina@gmail.com> [2007.12.20.2055 +0100]:
> I was also thinking maybe using SQLite instead of Postgre, which
> comes bundled with PHP5 and seems it would handle it just fine.
> Any reason why not to go down that path?

a. that not all admins will install PHP
b. that it's not integrated with pentabarf

Apart from those, I actually *like* this a lot more, since it'd be
trivial to put in place anywhere such a quick interface is needed.
I certainly don't need/want a pgsql interface for this. Seems like
using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

Anyway, let's wait for Ganneff to answer my question...

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@debconf.org>
: :'  :  DebConf orga team; press officer

fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
                                     -- the irish times, washington dc