Re: [Debconf-discuss] Presentation no longer on the schedule!?

I notice that most of the rest of the Debian Day talks are still there. Am I the only one who was affected? Why would you wait to review just one day's papers so close to the conference? It would make sense to review all the papers at the same time--in December, etc.

This is an "administrative mistake" that you fixed after I booked my plane ticket, and you didn't even tell me about! It was only luck that I even noticed! I have gotten a large number of e-mails about debconf, but no mail would be 1/100th as important than this one.

Furthermore, I disagree that this talk is not suitable for Debian Day. I am a strong believer in Debian, and I bring up a lot of important issues relating to Debian and Ubuntu, a number of which have not been brought up before, and there are few issues in Debian as important as this relationship, which I believe would stimulate some good conversation, and which would therefore be a great way to kick off your conference.

I can try to cancel my flight and hotel, and just throw away the hours I've spent making the presentation and paper. Will you reimburse my expenses in that situation?

Or, you could decide to let me talk. I have made it, and booked my plane ticket so why not just let me give it? Here is a link to the paper for my talk: http://keithcu.com/wordpress/?p=27. My talk is much more focused than this paper which is an early version of these ideas.

-Keith

On 5/18/07, Mark Hymers <mhy@debconf.org> wrote:
On Fri, 18, May, 2007 at 01:57:38AM -0700, Keith Curtis spoke thus..
> Is this just an oversight, or did someone change their mind?

It was neither.  It was an administrative mistake.

For various reasons, DebianDay is put together and organised later than
the main conference.  It appears that all submitted DebianDay talks were
accidently marked as Accepted during the paper review when they should
have been left as Undecided.

We're now going through and arranging DebianDay and your talk was
considered unsuitable for the audience which we expect on that day.

Sorry about the mess-up,

Mark

--
Mark Hymers                              <mhy@debconf.org >