Re: [Debconf-discuss] Presentation no longer on the schedule!?

On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 07:45:26AM -0700, Keith Curtis wrote:
> I notice that most of the rest of the Debian Day talks are still there. Am I
> the only one who was affected? Why would you wait to review just one day's
> papers so close to the conference? It would make sense to review all the
> papers at the same time--in December, etc.

Keith,

The debian day talks are being handled separately, so the information in
the standard allocation system does not apply.

> Furthermore, I disagree that this talk is not suitable for Debian Day. I am
> a strong believer in Debian, and I bring up a lot of important issues
> relating to Debian and Ubuntu, a number of which have not been brought up
> before, and there are few issues in Debian as important as this
> relationship, which I believe would stimulate some good conversation, and
> which would therefore be a great way to kick off your conference.

Debian Day is not intended for that purpose. The aim of debian day is to
give more of a picture of Debian to the outside world who do not have
much/any knowledge of Debian but would otherwise be interested.
Technical specifics which are discussion points are better aimed at Debian
Developers in the main conference itself.

Regards,
Kevin