Re: [Debconf-discuss] Post debconf tourism

On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 14:57:19 -0500
Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@acm.org> wrote:

>         Judy and I are planning on staying around for a couple of days
>  after debconf, and making like tourists.  Not knowing anything about
>  travgel opportunities and sight seeing in the area, would it be
> better to stay in the Hotel for three extra days,, or would it be
> possible to get on to a 2-3 day tour of the highlands?

Would you want a whistle-stop see-what-you-can-from-the-car/coach type
or would you prefer to spend half a day travelling to a point in the
Highlands, walking / touring from that base and then back to Edinburgh?

There's a lot you can do just in the Edinburgh area for 2-3 days - it
depends what kind of sights you want; castles, mountains, lochs, whisky,
hiking, ...

I added a few links to the Wiki page - do any of those interest you?

It's 3-4 hours by coach from Edinburgh to Inverness.
http://www.citylinkonlinesales.co.uk/CitylinkWeb

or it's 10 minutes on from Inverness to Aviemore.

or the guided tour all-in-one package:
http://www.visitscotland.com/sitewide/invernesslochness

--

Neil Williams