Re: [Debconf-discuss] washing clothes at the vaction complex

Just adding to David's answer:
> > Something also not mentioned, which last years FAQ discussed, is the
> > sleeping arrangements.
> >
> > Do we need to bring towels?  Blankets?  Will we be able to take showers
> > for free?  Is the running water restricted to certain times of day?
> > What sort of telephone service is available?  Can we make international
> > calls or do we have to bring our own cell phones?
>
> Vacation hotels often have available towels for guests, I wouldn't
> expect to be different in Oaxtepec. I also think that they will change
> the blankets from beds everyday, and yes, I bet you can take a shower
> for free, anytime.

Each 4-person room includes [1]:

8 sheets, 4 bed covers, 4 bed outer covers, 4 blankets, 4 towels, 2
chairs, 1 phone, 4 sticks(?), 1 table, 4 glasses, 1 ashtray, 2
power-saving lightbulbs, 1 bedside table, 3 lamps, 2 light curtains, 1
extractor, 1 bathroom mat, 2 curtain holders, 4 cushions, 1 TV with
antenna and remote control, 2 decorative curtains, clothes hangers

I'd suppose most of those amounts to be x1.5 for 6-people rooms :)

We have running (+hot, of course) water 24 hours a day.

> All around Mexico you can get Telmex phone booths, even in the smallest
> and poorest towns around, you can find them on some restaurants, on
> bathroom lobbies, on airports, anywhere (I was a bit dissappointed in
> Helsinki because trying to find a public phone was a PITA),

Yes, there are plenty of such phones inside Oaxtepec. As for their
prices, each phone has the rates [2].

> but you have
> to get a Ladatel card which you can buy in most of the stores (at least
> in Oxxos and 7-11's, which are 24x7). You can get Ladatel cards for 30,
> 50 or 100 pesos.

There are at least 10 little stores along the pool where you will
surely be able to buy those cards.

Greetings,

[1] http://www.gwolf.org/index.php?photos/album/13/photo/559

[2] http://www.gwolf.org/index.php?photos/album/13/photo/571