Re: [Debconf-discuss] Need help upon your arrival to the airport?

On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 06:01:44PM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:

> Many of you don't know, but we have gathered a very complete
> description on how to get from the airport to Oaxtepec [1]. Special
> thanks to Rodrigo from cleaning it from the utter mess we previously
> had ;-)

> Several people have offered to help you get from the airport to the
> South bus station, so from there you can take a simple bus that drops
> you off at the gates of Oaxtepec. Maybe even, if you arrive at the
> right time, they can travel with you up to Oaxtepec. Their data is in
> the same Wiki page.

> So, if you think you need help moving through this huge city, please
> get in touch with them - If possible, of course, before you leave.

> Greetings,

> [1] http://wiki.debian.org/HowtoGetToOaxtepec

One of the questions I had was, if you have 7 people, what the price
difference was between the cab+bus and cab-to-Oaxtepec options and whether
it was worth taking the bus to save a little money.  Thanks also to Rodrigo,
there is now also enough information in the wiki to calculate this: with 7
people, taking a cab direct to Oaxtepec is ~ MX$170 per person (~ US$16),
taking the cab to Tasqueña and the bus to Oaxtepec is ~ MX$106 per person
(~ US$10), for a savings of about US$6 per person to go the long way and add
about a half hour to your travel time (AIUI).  Of course, the price savings
are greater if you don't have a full SUV taxi to begin with (e.g., if you
have only 3 people travelling together you can take a sedan taxi instead,
but then you save US$16/person by taking the bus.)

So now you can make an informed decision whether to take the direct route,
or brave the bus stop and bank a little more for your tequila budget. ;)