[Debconf-discuss] Get your power connector converters!

Hi,

Just to remind you - Please buy the power connector converters (and if
needed, transformers) before coming. Remember that Oaxtepec is a
semi-rural area, and most hardware store owners might have never seen
an European since Hernán Cortés conquered the country ;-)

Our plugs are identical to the USA ones [1]. It is still commonplace
to find the older, not grounded [2] connectors, but as Oaxtepec has
just been remodeled, AFAICT all power outlets you will find there are
grounded. The nominal voltage is 110V, 60Hz, just like in the
USA. Most laptops' power supplies nowadays will automatically adjust
between 100 and 240V, and between 50 and 60Hz - But be sure to check,
specially if you got an older model, or any other electric/electronic
thing (i.e. a shaver) you want to connect here. If you need it, buy a
proper transformer before coming.

Once again: We might be able to get the needed parts - but it can be a
frustrating search.

Greetings,

[1] http://www.singatron.com/gif/2AC-01100040.jpg

[2] http://www.singatron.com/gif/2AC-00500030.jpg