Re: [Debconf-discuss] DebConf6 - Trip after DebConf

also sprach Joerg Jaspert <joerg@ganneff.de> [2006.02.03.0010 +0100]:
> The first thing to decide is the duration of the trip, the exact
> details where we go can be decided later. But it helps to know the
> length of it if you want to buy a flight ticket. :)
>
> I propose 7 days for it. If you really want more please burn me
> now. :)

I think 7 days is a fair choice. We can do the train ride (or some
of us can) and still spend 3-4 days together, probably not too far
away from Mexico City.

I really want to get myself tickets ASAP for the prices will go up.
With Debconf lasting until 21 May, our first day "off" would be 22
May, seven days later is 28 May, a Sunday. Flying back to Europe
costs you a day, so some of us will need to fly back that Sunday to
be at work on Monday, some will want Saturday already to avoid a jet
lag.

Thus I propose that we set out on 22 May for some distant point and
aim to hit Mexico City on Friday 26. That would leave us with
a weekend in a metropole with time to spend and many ways to party.

What do people say? Shall we set those dates? If yes, then I would
fly in from Zurich on 13 May and board the plane in Mexico City
again on 28 May. If other people announce their travel days, those
who want can coordinate. I've set up another wiki page to coordinate
travel requirements and interests, so maybe consider adding your
data:

  http://wiki.debian.org/DebConf6Travel

invalid/expired pgp (sub)keys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
spamtraps: madduck.bogus@madduck.net

"never speak disrespectfully of society.
 only people who can't get into it do that."
                                                        -- oscar wilde