Re: Bad bed situation at debconf5

On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 10:28:30PM +0200, David Weinehall wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 10:18:06PM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > As you all know there are only about 67 beds for MORE than 200 people.
> > Which is really bad, considering how big the sponsorship is compared to
> > other debconfs. At least what I know of it. Well, yes, the location/land
> > is really expensive also, so that makes some trouble with money.
> >
> > But there could be a solution:
> >
> > http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10101&storeId=5&productId=52942&langId=-3&parentCats=10103*10144
> >
> > http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10101&storeId=5&productId=41380&langId=-3&parentCats=10103*10142
> >
> > These two things cost near nothing. So - either Ikea likes to sponsor us
> > also, or anyone getting a bed pays some of this (from 0 to all of ot,
> > depending on how much sponsors stockholm still can find) and we have a
> > bed situation that is actually acceptable and doesnt let us all go and
> > look for hotels or stay home.
>
> Brilliant idea!  Only, Dalselv is 47EUR in Finland.  Even at IKEA
> they charge premium here...

Well, I would be happy with the mattress only, and not necessarily the bed.
Was already thinking of buying some kind of camping bed in helsinki, but i
guess it would be less expensive to buy them elsewhere and bring with us.

Also, notice that if we are going to buy loads of them, we might get some
serious discount.

I suppose that you need to add a thing for the mattress to rest on too, since
i believe cheap ikea bed don't have those.

Friendly,

Sven Luther