debconf video and slides and ... archive (Re: Slides of talks

Hi,

On Monday 29 August 2005 00:52, Erik Johansson wrote:
> 2005/8/24, Frans Pop <aragorn@tiscali.nl>:
> > Are there any plans to publish and archive papers, slides and video's in
> > a central location?

yup.

> It would be wonderful if you did this, because I know no one else
> will. Uploading to the server can probably be arranged. Collecting and
> structuring info about talks is a pain, so no pressure..

We're in the process of finishing the videos of the debconf5 talks atm and
will provide dvds and theoras as soon as they're ready. (And you will be
informed here and on -devel.)

As dc5video.debian.net is "only" a temporary hosting from the university of
Tilburg (thanks a lot "anyway"!!), I've been looking for a permanent hosting
for the videos, so we then can go for the plan we had allready at debconf:
The plan is to rename the machine to meeting-archives.debian.net, so that we
can also use it to store videos, slides etc. of future meetings as well.

(First we thought of a name like debconf-archive.d.n, but yesterday the idea
popped up, to also try to capture the talks at the upcoming qa-meeting in
Darmstadt.

The virtual host dc5video.d.n shall also stay, so that existing mirrors dont
break.)

> There's a DVD being produced by Ben Hutchings, and that should
> probably contain this archive as well.

No. The DVDs which are produced by Bens script are video DVDs (a set of 3
dvds), which afaik cannot contain files. But Ben and me also had the idea to
produce a single 4.7gb data dvd with _all_ the talks in theora and low
resolution, on this dvd we can also include the slides. But this dvd has the
lowest priority atm, as we first have to create the depends ;-)

regards,
	Holger