Re: debconf video and slides and ... archive (Re: Slides of talks

Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Monday 29 August 2005 00:52, Erik Johansson wrote:
<snip>
> > There's a DVD being produced by Ben Hutchings, and that should
> > probably contain this archive as well.
>
> No. The DVDs which are produced by Bens script are video DVDs (a set of 3
> dvds), which afaik cannot contain files.

I think they can contain other files, but they would not really be
integrated with the videos in any useful way.

> But Ben and me also had the idea to
> produce a single 4.7gb data dvd with _all_ the talks in theora and low
> resolution, on this dvd we can also include the slides.

That was really your idea.  I think it should be easy to do, but
wouldn't have much in common with the video DVD build process.  I guess
the cutting and volume adjustments I came up with may be useful though.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Life would be so much easier if we could look at the source code.