Re: debconf5 - videos of the talks and BOFs available

On Sun, 2005-07-24 at 19:54 +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> I am working on creating DVDs from the videos.  These will be standard
> video discs that should work in any player.  Once I have a known good
> build process I'll put the necessary control files up for download so
> other people can make their own discs and improve them.

 Does this process involve recoding, or can vanilla DVD players
handle the non-constrained¹ MPEG1 streams that we have published?
We still have most of the raw material, and John has the rest in
high quality full resolution XviD.  Recoding from that would yield
more pleasant results.

 The DVD encoding framework might become the template for future
Debconfs.  If the workflow is smooth enough, DVDs could be burned
by the end of each Debconf.

¹AFAIK, the DVD spec is quite specific on bitrates, resolutions
and GOP sizes.  384x288 is a "cheat" resolution to get square
pixels; 352x288 is the proper one.  And a 48 frames GOP is way
beyond the 12-15 of VCD and DVD.

--
Herman Robak