Re: debconf5 - videos of the talks and BOFs available

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 20:41:18 +0200, Benj. Mako Hill <mako@debian.org> wrote:

<quote who="Holger Levsen" date="Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 12:07:09AM +0300">
Well, 'nuff said for the moment, dudette, the videos are and will be here:
http://dc5video.debian.net

Is there a way we can get these into Theora? I can help point to
technical ways to do the transition.

 We can manage that, given some time.  Time was
scarce, and we did not set up nightly batchjobs.
If cropped and tuned videos had all been ready
the same day they were recorded, then automated
encoding would have made sense.

I think it would be good to have a patent androyalty free way to view these videos.

 MPEG1 is pretty much in the clear in that respect,
and it is playable everywhere.

 The optimised Theora codec is fairly new, and it
is needed for realtime compression or playback of
high resolution video. (Yes, I would like to do
more high res)

--
Herman Robak